The LaPlaya Golf Club opened January 2002 as a totally new 18-hole championship course lay out, artfully designed by Bob Cupp. The course is a 6,902 yard, par 72 golf course with five sets of tees to meet every golfer’s ability.
“ LaPlaya definitely has a natural look, with lots of indigenous landscaping, rolling fairways and water features added to make it not only fun and challenging to play, but also pleasing to the eye.” - Bob Cupp
A world class designer, Bob Cupp, has designed courses that have hosted more than 50 national and international tournaments, including seven major championships. Since launching Cupp Design, Inc. in 1986, Cupp has designed more than 100 courses, including acclaimed works as Beacon Hill near Toronto; Pumpkin Ridge in Portland, Oregon; Old Waverly at West Point, Mississippi and locally The Estuary at Grey Oaks and Grey Oaks Golf Clubs here in Naples. For 15 years prior to establishing his own design firm, Cupp was senior designer for Jack Nicklaus, designing courses around the globe.
Golf Club Events
Our expert staff members work closely each year to plan a full calendar of tournaments and events with the guarantee that members will enjoy every outing.
With the congenial camaraderie at LaPlaya, an atypcial Southwest Florida golf course with rolling fairways, and a staff completely at your service, don't miss out playing great golf this year. We invite you to become a member of LaPlaya Golf Club!
We plan events that can be an excellent way to play with other members, treat friends or business colleagues to a great day of fun and competition. Our golf course employees cater to our members and provide them with the greatest level of customer service making every event feel exclusive.
LaPlaya Golf Club is staffed by a team of on-site top PGA & LPGA teaching professionals.
Our staff offers a wide range of expert tutelage and guidance of the highest quality, distinguished by their individual teaching styles. Our pros offer golf lessons including individual, digital video, juniors, clinics, and playing lessons. Ben Bryant, Laurel Kean, and Nick Ellis will help you to become a better golfer. Call the golf shop at 239-254-5001.
Golf Course Information
LaPlaya Golf Course –2016 Silver Medal Award Winner for Resort Golf Courses, Golf Magazine
Other reasons the LaPlaya Golf Club is so popular:
6902 yards from the Tournament tees (6385 yards from the LaPlaya tees)
- 74.6/143 Course Rating and Slope from the Tournament Tees (72.0/140 from the LaPlaya Tees)
- 5 sets of tee boxes
- 155 acres for the entire property
- 100 acres turf, 30 acres landscape, 17 acres lakes and 8 acres hard-scape
- Tif-Eagle greens, Tif-Grande collars, 419 Bermuda-grass tees, fairways and roughs
- 7 acre practice tee area
- Short game practice facility with seven target greens
- 2- driving range chipping greens with bunkers
- One substantially sized 10,000 square foot practice putting green
- Oak, Black Olive, Shady Lady, Ficus, Strangler Fig, Royal Poinciana, Black Pine, Slash Pine, Tabebuia, Cassia, Sea Grape, Mahogany Trees; also are Sabal, Royal, Queen, Washingtonia
- Reclinata and Areca Palms
- 40 other varieties of diverse Florida landscape plants throughout entire course
- A true golf club
- Popular for the fast pace of play
- Ten minute tee times
- Low annual dues
- Clubhouse, Grill Room and Golf Shop
- Exceptional practice facilities
- A course unlike the rest in the area with undulating fairways
- No assessments
- No food and beverage minimums
LaPlaya’s practice facilities are ideal for a pre-round loosening up and for members interested in working on their fundamentals and sharpening their short-game skills. The club features an impeccable full-length driving range, target short game practice facility, putting green and practice bunker.